Metro Property Management utilizes a thorough screening process of all applicants for tenancy, based on a set of objective criteria. In order for an applicant to be considered for tenancy, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements
- All persons 18 years and older are required to submit an application and will be subject to credit and reference screening, regardless of the familial/marital status or relationship to any other applicant for tenancy.
- The application must be completed in its entirety. Failure to fill out the application properly and legibly may delay processing or result in denial of application.
- Applications are processed in the order received and first qualified.
- Cosigner or Guarantors and not accepted.
- A $35.00 FEE PER APPLICANT covers the costs of initially processing your application. The fee must be paid in the form of a Cashier’s Check, Money Order, or by Credit Card. Application processing fees are nonrefundable.
- We require 2 years’ job history. Present permanent employment of at least 12 months at the same job is desired for each adult applicant.
- Applicants must provide proof of employment by providing their employer’s contact information.
- Self-employed applicants must provide copies of the last two (2) years tax returns and three months of bank statements.
- Total monthly gross income must be of 3 times the rent.
- Income must be legal, verifiable, and paid directly to applicants(s). Unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
- Verifiable combined household income is acceptable.
- All applicants must provide their latest two pay/income statements.
- A credit report will be obtained from a national credit bureau.
- The minimum acceptable FICO score is 660.
- Each applicant must have established good credit history and record of paying bills and debts on time.
- No accounts currently past due unless documented payment arrangements have been made.
- No excessive monthly debt payments or too many loans, credit cards, payments, etc. causing you to be overextended.
- No judgments, collections, foreclosures, bankruptcy or repossessions during the past 3 years.
- Bankruptcy proceedings must be finalized.
- If marginal, very little or no prior credit history or rental history, willing to pre-pay one month’s rent.
- Rental history must be verifiable by written records such as lease or rent receipts.
- All applicants must have positive rental references from prior landlords.
- Referrals by landlords who are family members, relatives or personal friends do not qualify.
- All applicants must prove that previous rental payments were made on time and without demand for the previous year.
- All applicants must have satisfactorily completed their existing contract.
- Applicant(s) will not be considered if there is record of eviction.
- If very little or no prior rental history, willing to pre-pay one month’s rent.
- Applicants demonstrate a polite, cooperative attitude, neat and clean appearance and are on time for appointments.
Those dwelling units that allow pets require payment of an increased security deposit, and completion of a Pet Application. Only select properties allow pets, with the exception of service animals for the impaired.
PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED
Metro Property Management will make reasonable attempts to contact present and prior landlord(s) and/or mortgage holder(s) submitted by Applicant; however, ultimate responsibility for providing this data to Metro Property Management lies with the Applicant. Metro Property Management reserves the right to decline tenancy on the basis of our inability to verify any references provided. Metro Property Management, at the discretion of individual Landlord, may qualify applicants not satisfying all requirements listed above, with the inclusion of a higher security deposit and/or increased rent.
All rental contract negotiations and documents are transacted exclusively in English. Non-English fluent applicants are strongly encouraged to provide interpreters to ensure understanding of contract and tenancy obligations. Metro Property Management will not provide interpretation of contracts or legal forms.
Metro Property Management makes every effort to process applications within three days of submission; however, processing can take longer due to inability to contact previous landlords, employers or other references. Applicants are encouraged to check on the status of an application, particularly if you have not received a response from Metro Property Management within four business days of submission.
Applications will not be “prescreened” outside the standard process under any circumstances and incomplete or falsified applications may be rejected without further notice. All applications submitted become property of Metro Property Management. We cannot guarantee any unit you have seen will still be available by the time your application is submitted or processed. Dwelling units are rented to the first qualified applicant.
A SECURITY DEPOSIT AND ANY OTHER MOVE-IN OBLIGATIONS MUST BE PAID BY CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.
Metro Property Management welcomes all applicants and supports the precepts of “Equal Access” and “Fair Housing.” Metro Property Management will not refuse access to any housing or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, color, creed, race, physical/mental impairment, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.